Ethan Steward and Martin Mohr, New York City youngster custody attorneys, clarify the method of making use of for a kid passport

New York custody attorneys Ethan Steward and Martin Mohr ( publish a news article detailing the trial declares to obtain a children’s passport. The lawyer mentions that summer trips are coming up and children need their passports. Some children may have a valid passport, while others may need to apply for their very first passport or reapply for an expired passport.

“It is recommended that, whether or not travel is planned, that every child who is a US citizen have a US passport. If your ex-spouse or partner is the primary legal guardian by court order or agreement, that party may have the passport in their possession. They should make it available to the requesting parent and not “unreasonably” withhold it from the traveling parent,” the NYC Attorneys for Custody article said.

The process of applying for a child passport is similar to that of an adult, but with a few additional steps. Both parents or legal guardians must be present at the time of application and provide evidence of their relationship to the child. This can be done through a birth certificate or a court order.

In addition to proof of kinship, both parents or legal guardians must also provide valid identification such as a driver’s license or passport. If a parent cannot be present, they must submit a notarized declaration of consent.

As soon as all the necessary documents have been collected and the application has been submitted in full, the children’s passport can be obtained from a local passport office or accepted by post. It is important to note that processing times may vary and it is recommended that you apply for a child passport at least six months in advance of any international travel.

In addition to the standard passport application procedure, there are also some special features for child passports. For example, children under the age of 16 are only issued a passport that is valid for five years, as opposed to the usual 10-year validity for adults.

There are also stricter rules for changing a child’s passport. If a child’s name is changed as a result of adoption or other legal process, a new passport must be applied for. The same applies if a child’s appearance has changed significantly since their current passport was issued.

It is important for parents or guardians to keep track of their child’s passport and ensure it is up to date. A child’s passport is an important document and can be used for a variety of purposes, including enrolling in school, obtaining a driver’s license, and even applying for a job.

Finally, the attorney emphasizes the importance of having a qualified child support attorney when dealing with matters such as custody and handling of children. An experienced attorney can help parents understand their roles and responsibilities in the divorce and help them reach a favorable settlement.

About the New York Family Law Group

The New York Family Law Group is founded by attorneys Martin Mohr and Ethan Steward. Together, the attorneys have more than 30 years of experience dealing with New York family law. They aim to competently represent their clients and educate them about their rights while navigating the intricate terrain of family law matters. Contact her today at (718) 293-1542 to schedule a consultation.

New York family law group

932 Sheridan Ave, The Bronx, NY 10451, USA

(718) 293-1542


For more information about New York Family Law Group, contact the company here:

New York family law group
Martin Moehr
[email protected]
New York family law group
932 Sheridan Avenue Bronx, NY 10451

Comments are closed.