Kishangarh shocker: Man suspected of infidelity kills spouse, daughter, hangs himself in chilly blood

A 27-year-old man suspected of infidelity killed his wife and daughter before hanging himself at the family’s rented accommodation in Bhagwanpura in the village of Kisangarh on Monday, police said.

The bodies were discovered by neighbors on Monday night after the family failed to respond to repeated knocks on the door.

The deceased have been identified as Resham, 27, Pooja, 25, and their two-year-old daughter. They were from Nepal and had only come to town three days ago after Reham got a job at a restaurant in the industrial area.

Neighbors told police that no one had seen the family since morning. In the evening they had knocked on the door to alert them to the fresh water supply but received no answer. When it started to rain, the neighbors knocked on the door again, but got an answer. They then became suspicious and alerted the landlord, who, peering through the window, saw Resham’s body hanging from the ceiling.

The landlord, Gurdev, said: “There was a piece of cardboard on the window. After I removed it, I saw his body hanging from the ceiling.”

The police had to break down the door as it was locked from the inside. Police officers said Pooja’s body was found on the bunk with her throat cut, while her daughter’s body was found next to her with signs of strangulation.

Police said prima facie evidence indicates Resham first killed his daughter by strangling her with a cloth and then slit his wife’s throat before eventually hanging himself.

No suicide note was found at the site.

An inquest was launched and the bodies were moved to the morgue at Government Multi Specialty Hospital, Sector 16. The autopsy will be carried out after the victims’ families arrive from Nepal.

Police said that on preliminary findings, Resham suspected his wife was involved in illicit relationships and killed her as a result.

Neighbors are said to have told the police that they had not heard any calls for help from the house.

Rented a room three days ago

Gurdev Singh, the landlord, said Resham rented the room three days ago. Resham’s parents had also accompanied them when they arrived on August 19. He had shown her around town before they left the next day.

This is the third murder in three days. Earlier on Saturday, a 22-year-old woman was murdered by her uncle in Sector 41, while on Sunday a youth was killed in a road traffic incident in Sector 22.

Comments are closed.