Olivia Wilde served little one custody paperwork whereas on stage at CinemaCon – Leisure Information

BANG Showbiz – Apr 29, 2022 / 4:44 pm | Story: 367530

Photo: BANG Showbiz. All rights reserved.

Elisabeth Moss thinks that scientology is “misunderstood.”

The 39-year-old actress was raised in the cult religion — which follows the belief that a human is an immortal and that a spiritual being that is resident in a physical body — and claimed that the system is far from “closed-off”.

She said: “It’s not really a closed-off religion. It’s a place that is very open to, like, welcoming in somebody who wants to learn more about it. I think that’s the thing that is probably the most misunderstood. People can obviously hold in their mind whatever they want to, and I can’t control that. If it’s not that, it’s going to be something else.”

The ‘Handmaid’s Tale’ star was then asked about the authoritarian regime portrayed in the dystopian series and admitted that while “resistance against a theocracy” is of high importance to her, she doesn’t want viewers to be “distracted” when she is playing a character.

She told The New Yorker: “Obviously something like religious freedom and resistance against a theocracy is very important to me. . don’t want people to be distracted by something when they’re watching me. I want them to be seeing the character. I feel like, when actors reveal too much of their lives, I’m sometimes watching something and I’m going, ‘Oh, I know that she just broke up with that person, or, I know that she loves to do hot yoga, or whatever it is.’

“I would just encourage people to find out for themselves. I’ve certainly been guilty of reading an article or watching something and taking that as gospel.”

189222

BANG Showbiz – Apr 29, 2022 / 4:11 pm | Story: 367527

Photo: BANG Showbiz. All rights reserved.

Dolly Parton would now accept an induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

The 76-year-old country music star had received a nod for the prestigious honour back in March – which would have seen her considered for induction into the Ohio museum alongside music legends such as the Beatles and ABBA – and although she initially declined the nomination, now appears to have changed her mind.

She said: “Well, I’ll accept gracefully. I will say ‘thanks’ and accept that.”

It comes just over a month after after the ‘Jolene’ hitmaker – who has sold an estimated 100 million records since starting her career in the late 1960s – said she was “respectfully” bowing out of the race, as because she didn’t feel she’s “earned the right” to receive the honorific title.

At the time, she said: “Even though I am extremely flattered and grateful to be nominated for the Rock Roll Hall of Fame, I don’t feel that I have earned that right. I really do not want votes to be split because of me, so I must respectfully bow out.”

However, on Friday (29.04.22), the ‘Jolene’ hitmaker explained that when she made her previous statement about wanting to decline the honour, she was not aware that so many artists outside of the rock and roll genre were already included.

Speaking on NPR’s ‘Morning Edition’, she said: “When I said that, it was always my belief that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was for the people in rock music. And I have found out lately it’s not necessarily that.

“But if they can’t go there to be recognised, where do they go? And so I felt like I would be taking away from someone that maybe deserved it, certainly more than me since I never considered myself a rock artist. But obviously, there’s more to it than that.”

BANG Showbiz – Apr 29, 2022 / 3:10 pm | Story: 367517

Photo: BANG Showbiz. All rights reserved.

Donald Trump feared being killed by “dangerous” fruit.

The former US president confirmed in a deposition that he had asked people “in jest” to intervene if they saw protesters at a 2015 campaign rally gearing up to pelt him with tomatoes or other edible objects because he feared he’d be seriously injured or worse if one of them had made contact.

A transcript of the deposition – which is part of a lawsuit filed by a group of protesters who alleged they were assaulted at the rally by the former ‘Apprentice’ star’s security guards – was recently released.

The demonstrators’ attorney, Benjamin Dictor, asked Trump: “Okay. And you said that, ‘If you see someone getting ready to throw a tomato, just knock the c***out of them would you.’ That was your statement?”

The ex-Commander-in-Chief replied: “Oh, yeah. It was very dangerous. We were threatened.

“They were going to throw fruit. We were threatened. We had a threat.”

Asked how he was aware of the fruit threat, Trump replied: “We were told. I thought Secret Service was involved in that, actually. And you get hit with fruit, it’s – no – it’s very violent stuff. We were on alert for that.”

His own attorney, Jeffrey Goldman, interjected: “A tomato is a fruit after all, I guess. … It has seeds.”

Trump continued: “It’s worse than a tomato, it’s other things also. But tomato, when they start doing that stuff, it’s very dangerous. There was an alert out that day.”

The demonstrators’ lawyer then asked the 75-year-old business mogul who he had asked to “knock the c*** out of” anyone trying to throw fruit.

He replied: “That was to the audience. It was said sort of in jest. Buy maybe, you know, a little truth to it. It’s very dangerous stuff. You can get killed with those things. … I wanted to have people be ready because we were put on alert that they were going to do fruit. And some fruit is a lot worse than – tomatoes are bad by the way. But it’s very dangerous… they were going to hit – they were going to hit very hard.”

During a 1970 anti-war protest, then-President Richard Nixon was hit by “eggs, tomatoes, and vegetables”, while on a 2012 visit to Egypt, Hillary Clinton, who was Secretary of State, had tomatoes thrown at her motorcade.

And in 2009, two tomatoes were thrown at former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin at Minnesota’s Mall of America.

None of them were hurt.

192054

BANG Showbiz – Apr 29, 2022 / 3:10 pm | Story: 367515

Kanye West is ‘working on himself’ after Kim Kardashian drama

Kanye West is “working on himself” following the drama with Kim Kardashian.

The 44-year-old rapper was married to reality star Kim, 41, from 2014 until 2022 and their messy divorce had seen him engage in social media rows regarding their children but is now reportedly trying to “disconnect” from the drama.

A source said: “Kanye has been laying low and focusing on healing. He is trying to disconnect from all the drama that happened between him and Kim.”

The SKIMS founder – who has who has North, eight, Saint, six, Chicago, four, and Psalm, two with her ex-husband – had been subject to a torrent of abuse on Instagram from the ‘DONDA’ rapper when implied that Kim had stopped “allowing” him to see their children after the divorce and he went on to release a music video which appeared to show him decapitating and burying Kim’s new boyfriend Pete Davidson.

However, the insider went on to explain that Kanye is now “taking care” of himself and will be “removing himself from all the craziness” after making his family his number one priority.

The source told ETOnline: “He is focused on taking care of himself, getting healthier, and removing himself from all the craziness. He cares deeply about his family and kids. They are his number one priority and he’s working on himself.”

It comes just a month after it was alleged that Kanye had informed Kim that he was “going away” to get help and will be stepping back from the spotlight “for the sake of the kids.”

A source said at the time: “Kanye told Kim that he’s going away to get help. For the sake of the kids, Kanye has told Kim he’s not making any public appearances or inflammatory social media statements, and he will go away somewhere to get better. or the sake of their kids.”

BANG Showbiz – Apr 29, 2022 / 7:35 am | Story: 367451

Photo: BANG Showbiz. All rights reserved.

Ellen DeGeneres has filmed the final episode of her talk show and thanked fans for their support over the years.

The 64-year-old presenter – who announced in May 2021 she was ending her eponymous daytime program this year – reflected on how much the world has changed since she shot her first episode back in 2003 as she revealed she had taped the show for the final time.

She wrote on Instagram: “Today we taped the final episode of The Ellen Show which airs on May 26.

“When we started this show in 2003, the iPhone didn’t exist. Social Media didn’t exist. Gay marriage wasn’t legal.

“We watched the world change, sometimes for the better, sometimes not. But whatever was happening, my goal was always for the show to be a place where we could all come together and laugh for an hour.

“Being invited into your lives has been the greatest privilege of my life and has brought me incredible joy. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.”

The end of the show comes after it was engulfed in scandal following allegations the set had become a “toxic” place to work.

Ellen faced accusations of being “mean” and the furore prompted an internal investigation by bosses at Warner Bros. parent company WarnerMedia.

The presenter issued a statement addressing the reports when the show returned to TV in September 2020 and insisted changes were being made.

Elle said: “I know that I’m in a position of privilege and power and I realise that with that comes responsibility, and I take responsibility for what happens at my show.

“We have had a lot of conversations over the last few weeks about the show, our workplace, and what we want for the future. We have made the necessary changes and today we are starting a new chapter.”

Ellen also admitted she’s not perfect and stressed she was “working” on her behaviour, adding: “The truth is I am that person that you see on TV.

“I am also a lot of other things. I get sad. I get mad. I get anxious. I get frustrated. I get impatient. And I am working on all of that.”

She announced the series would be coming to an end in May 2021, saying in an episode of the show: “You may wonder why I’ve decided to end after 19 seasons.

“The truth is, I always trust my instincts. My instinct told me it’s time.”

BANG Showbiz – Apr 29, 2022 / 7:31 am | Story: 367450

Photo: BANG Showbiz. All rights reserved.

Joe Exotic is planning to marry his fiancé John Graham wearing a specially designed wedding suit costing $11,500.

The ‘Tiger King’ star – who is currently doing time after being found guilty of a murder-for-hire plot against rival Carole Baskin and violations of animal welfare law – is preparing to marry John Graham, who he met in prison in February 2021 when they were both behind bars in Fort Worth, Texas, and he’s enlisted the services of Odain Watson of Otaingerous to create outfits for himself and his partner.

According to TMZ.com, the $11,500 white suits will be made in Italy and feature a custom silk lining with a tiger print.

Joe’s will feature the pattern in pink while John – who has been released from prison – will reportedly be sporting a more traditional look and the suits will take around four to six weeks to make.

The star, 59, previously worked with Odain back in 2020 releasing his own line of clothes, shoes and underwear.

Joe can’t marry John until his divorce from Dillon Passage is finalized.

His estranged husband is asking for both parties to walk away with what they owned before they married, and also wants to secure a restraining order so Joe is ordered to stay away and not contact him directly.

Dillon’s attorneys, Chris Kirker and Holly Davis explained the pair started negotiating the terms of their divorce in September but paused the proceedings when Joe was diagnosed with cancer.

Joe’s new attorney, Autumn Blackledge, says the star is open to a deal so long as the terms are “reasonable.”

However, his estranged husband’s team say when they offered the same terms in September, Joe’s response was: “It will be a cold day in hell before I sign these papers … You’re out of your f****** mind.”

BANG Showbiz – Apr 29, 2022 / 7:28 am | Story: 367449

Photo: BANG Showbiz. All rights reserved.

Alec Baldwin is “suffering tremendously” in the wake of Halyna Hutchins’ death.

The 64-year-old actor was handling a gun on the set of his movie ‘Rust’ last October when it went off and fatally shot the cinematographer, and his daughter Ireland Baldwin – who he had with ex-wife Kim Basinger – “can’t imagine” how distressing the situation has been for her dad.

Appearing on ‘Red Table Talk’ with her mother, Ireland said: “It’s so heartbreaking.

“My dad is suffering tremendously and I love him and I can’t imagine what he feels like and what’s running through his head but the entire situation is just so devastating.”

The tragedy played a part in the manifestation of Ireland’s own anxiety but it also made the 26-year-old model “more defensive” of her famous father.

She added: “I was more angry, like at people’s responses … I was in full defense mode,”

Although Ireland never used to be able to talk about her own issues with the former ’30 Rock’ star – who has six younger children with pregnant wife Hilaria – but she thinks he’s “gotten way better” after being “forced” to deal with his own anxiety.

She said: “He deals with anxiety greatly, but he’s someone who grew up in a family that would suppress that as well, or tell him he’s weak for feeling that way.

“There’s things I would go to my father for, but if I ever even tried to have this conversation in any way with him, I don’t think he would be able to really absorb any of it.

“He can’t really sympathise as much with it, but it’s not his fault, and he’s gotten way better. I mean I think he really suppressed his anxiety like up until pretty recently. He’s really been dealing with things that kind of have been thrown at him. He’s been forced to finally deal with these things.”

BANG Showbiz – Apr 29, 2022 / 7:23 am | Story: 367448

Photo: BANG Showbiz. All rights reserved.

The Beach Boys have announced a year-long global celebration to mark their 60th anniversary.

The iconic group’s timeless and influential music will be celebrated with new music releases, new music videos and a newly remastered and expanded greatest hits album to mark six decades since brothers Brian, Dennis and Carl Wilson along with their cousin Mike Love and friend Al Jardine were signed to Capitol Records.

To kick off the celebrations, Capitol Records and UMe will release the remastered and expanded greatest hits collection, ‘Sounds Of Summer: The Very Best Of The Beach Boys’ on June 17.

Assembled by Mark Linett and Alan Boyd, the album features all of the band’s best-known hits, such as ‘Good Vibrations’, ‘God Only Knows’ and ‘Surfin’ U.S.A.’.

Another 50 additional tracks will showcase the range of songs from the group’s wide-ranging catalogue with songs including ‘All Summer Long’, ‘Forever’ and ‘Surf’s Up’.

As well as the new musical releases, The Beach Boys will participate in a feature-length documentary, a tribute special and prestigious exhibitions and events to celebrate their 60th anniversary.

The Beach Boys said in a statement: “It’s hard to believe it’s been 60 years since we signed to Capitol Records and released our first album, ‘Surfin’ Safari’.

“We were just kids in 1962 and could have never dreamed about where our music would take us, that it would have such a big impact on the world, still be loved, and continue to be discovered by generation after generation.

“This is a huge milestone that we’re all very honoured to have achieved. And to our incredible fans, forever and new, we look forward to sharing even more throughout the year.”

UMe President and CEO Bruce Resnikoff said: “The Beach Boys have created some of the most iconic and beloved music of all time. An indelible and important part of America’s cultural fabric, their timeless music has been a ubiquitous soundtrack for generations and continues to influence, inspire, and delight.

“We at Ume remain honoured to further The Beach Boys’ legendary catalogue and look forward to celebrating them all year long along with their millions of fans around the world.”

BANG Showbiz – Apr 29, 2022 / 7:21 am | Story: 367447

Photo: BANG Showbiz. All rights reserved.

Betty White’s home is up for sale.

The iconic actress – who is best remembered for her role as Rose in ‘The Golden Girls – passed away at the age of 99 in December 2021 after suffering a stroke and now her long-time home at 506 N Carmelina Avenue in Los Angeles has been put on the market with an asking price of $10,575,000.

The Emmy Award-winning star – who earned a Guinness World record for Longest TV career by an entertainer after sustaining 80 years in the business – reportedly purchased the sprawling property with husband Allen Ludden back in 1968 and continued to live there after his death in 1981.

The property was built in 1952 and a description from Sotheby’s International Realty reads: “Located in prestigious Brentwood Park, this property with huge parklike grounds, views of the Getty Museum and mountains has been lovingly cared for.

“Gated and set back from the street on over 3/4 of an acre, the setting is peaceful with flower filled gardens and old growth trees. This is the first time the property is on the market in over 50 years. This is a unique opportunity to build your dream home on a flat lot in a serene country setting . The property is being sold for land value.”

According to the listing, the property features five bedrooms as well as six full bathrooms while the interior of the house measures 3,029 square feet and the exterior is 0.72 acres.

It comes just weeks after Betty’s other home – a beachfront property in Carmel, California – was reportedly also put up for sale with a price tag of $7.95 million.

BANG Showbiz – | Story: 367446

Photo: BANG Showbiz. All rights reserved.

Olivia Wilde was reportedly served child custody documents while on stage at CinemaCon.

The 38-year-old star was delivering a presentation at the Las Vegas-based event on Tuesday night when she was handed a manila envelope marked “private and confidential,” which is believed to have contained custody papers from her ex Jason Sudeikis – but he is said to have had “no prior knowledge” the documents would be served to her at the event.

A source told Variety: “Papers were drawn up to establish jurisdiction relating to the children of Ms. Wilde and Mr. Sudeikis.

“Mr. Sudeikis had no prior knowledge of the time or place that the envelope would have been delivered as this would solely be up to the process service company involved and he would never condone her being served in such an inappropriate manner.”

Olivia – who has two children, son Otis, eight, and daughter Daisy, five, with Jason – was introducing the trailer for her new film ‘Don’t Worry Darling’ at the time of the incident.

As she was handed the envelope, she said: “This is for me?” She then scanned the papers before resuming her speech, and the docs weren’t mentioned again.

Following the incident, CinemaCon bosses are “re-evaluating” their security procedures.

Mitch Neuhauser, Managing Director of CinemaCon, said in a statement to Deadline: “We have never in the history of the convention had an incident where a delegate has approached the stage who was not authorized to be there.

“In light of this incident, we are re-evaluating our security procedures to ensure the safety of all our attendees.”

‘Booksmart’ star Olivia and ‘Ted Lasso’ actor Jason, who were previously engaged, separated in 2020.

In July, it was reported the pair were still “figuring out” their lives as co-parents.

An insider said at the time: “Their relationship as co-parents is a work in progress. They are figuring it out as they go.”

BANG Showbiz – Apr 29, 2022 / 7:16 am | Story: 367445

Photo: BANG Showbiz. All rights reserved.

Kim Kardashian is “head over heels” in love with Pete Davidson.

The 41-year-old beauty started dating Pete, 28, last year, and their relationship is going strong.

A source shared: “Kim is head over heels for Pete. They are in a great place in their relationship and she is so happy. Her family loves him too.”

Kim feels “light and fun when she’s around” the comedy star. But there’s also a “serious” side to their romance.

The insider told ‘Entertainment Tonight’: “Kim is really excited for everybody to continue to watch ‘The Kardashians’ and to see how their relationship unfolds.

“A lot of the origin of their relationship is going to come out. She’s looking forward to fans learning about how they got together and how their chemistry started. Things happened organically between them and they’re both really glad they have each other.”

Kim previously said that she believes in “championing publicly and criticizing privately.”

The TV star has publicly feuded with her estranged husband Kanye West over recent months, but Kim actually wishes they were able to keep their issues out of the spotlight.

Kim – who has North, eight, Saint, six, Chicago, four, and Psalm, two, with the chart-topping rapper – explained: “Being in the public eye and having disagreements publicly is never easy.

“But I do believe in handling it all privately. I believe in championing publicly and criticising privately. I don’t think I would ever criticize the father of my children on my TV show. That’s just not really what I’m about, and I just don’t think that would ever make me feel good.”

Kim also insisted she will always be “really respectful of what the kids will see.”

She added: “The reality is, we’re always a family. We always will have a love and respect for each other. And even if there’s moments where it might not seem like that, there are so many moments that are super positive.

“I do think it’s important for people to see that things aren’t perfect all the time, but that they can get better.”

BANG Showbiz – Apr 28, 2022 / 9:11 pm | Story: 367433

Ozzy Osbourne has COVID-19

Ozzy Osbourne has contracted COVID-19.

The ‘Paranoid’ rocker – who suffers from Parkinson’s disease and lung condition emphysema – is doing “OK” but his wife Sharon has pulled out of hosting her new UK TV show ‘The Talk’ because she is “very worried” about her husband so is flying back to Los Angeles to be by his side.

Speaking on TalkTV, Sharon was visibly upset as she said: “Ozzy was only diagnosed in the middle of the night our time.

“I spoke to him and he’s OK. I am very worried about Ozzy right now.

“We’ve gone two years without him catching COVID and it’s just Ozzy’s luck it would be now.”

Sharon – who has three children with her spouse – has pledged to “hold and kiss” the 73-year-old singer when she sees him, but will have “about three face masks on” because of the risk of him spreading the virus.

The 69-year-old star hopes to be back on the show within a week.

She said: “I can’t believe it. Three days and I’m missing the show but I will be back. I know I will.

“It will take me a week to get my old man back on his feet again and I will be back.

“Unfortunately, he was diagnosed in the middle of the night when the family was sleeping so I haven’t spoken to them yet. But they’ll rally round. They’ll be with him.

“You’re going to see me back on air in a week.

“I know my husband. We’re going to get him back on his feet and we’re going to get a negative test by next week.”

Ozzy – who underwent surgery in 2019 following a serious fall – previously admitted he would be “f*****” if he contracted coronavirus because of his health issues.

He said in November 2020: “I’ve got emphysema, so if I get this virus, I’m f*****.”

More Entertainment News