Hollywood actor points restraining order to cowl infidelity

A restraining order has been issued for a world-famous actor to gag the press over his liaisons with Wayne Rooney’s prostitute, Helen Wood.

The actor’s wife is believed to be devastated by the revelations and their marriage is falling apart as a result.

The star admitted her infidelity after her name was leaked on a profile set up on Twitter. It led to millions of people identifying him, although the press was unable to publish anything.

“Since then, his name has circulated around the internet at record speed,” a source told The Sun newspaper.

“Millions have seen it and the fact is there is no hiding place for him anymore. It has reached a stage where his wife or a member of his family can easily find out the sordid details with a few clicks on Google.”

A number of other celebrities rumored to have issued restraining orders to protect their reputations have also been revealed on Twitter.

The high-profile blogger who caused the frenzy listed 14 famous people and highlighted the absurdity of court gag orders obtained by dozens of cheating celebrities to cover up their sexual and other wrongdoings.

Millions of computer users have now found the leaked names of sports stars and TV celebrities on the internet.

As Twitter users searched for their names, the social networking site saw its highest traffic ever in the UK.

Last Sunday, the website rumored that Jemima Khan had obtained a restraining order to quash embarrassing photos of her with Jeremy Clarkson.

And yesterday, another Twitter user went even further and named more names.

Among a series of explosive references, the blogger referred to a “five-a-side team” of footballers.

Another post relates to rumors of a well-known married socialite covering up his infidelity because his family would be upset if they found out about his sexual adventures.

The blogger even boasted that Twitter founder Biz Stone has promised not to gag the tweeters who claim to expose celebrities with restraining orders.

Stone, 37, believes free speech is “essential” to the site, saying: “We don’t always agree with what people are tweeting, but we make sure the information flows, regardless of our view of the content .”

Jeremy Hunt, the culture secretary, said this week that the internet was “making a mockery” of privacy laws and promised to study how the rules could be improved.

Prime Minister David has ordered a review of the law. He believes that unelected Supreme Court justices are wrongly enacting a privacy law through the back door using human rights law.

Yesterday, MPs called on the government to join forces with media organizations and challenge at least one of the Supreme Court’s recent injunctions – to see whether the senior judges’ college is more inclined to support press freedom.

Jimmy Wales, American founder of internet reference site Wikipedia, added to the debate by telling Radio 4’s PM program: “I think such laws are patently absurd.

“It’s a completely ridiculous approach to privacy issues. I think these laws are gross injustices and violations of human rights and should be abolished as soon as possible.

“People should be allowed to post truthful, factual information about public figures.”

Theoretically, someone could be sentenced to two years in prison for violating the restrictions of a restraining order.

But sources claimed the latest Twitter blogger is based outside the UK and is not afraid of the consequences of breaking injunctions issued by the High Court.

Comments are closed.